• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandoned car sticker put on my car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paguy1

Pennsylvania:

I got an abandoned car sticker on my car 3 days ago as my car has been parked in the same spot in my apartment complex for over a year since it is basically dead. I obviously should have moved it before I got an abandoned sticker, but I've been busy and wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my car (donate, sell, etc).

I had previously told the apartment complex several times that the car was not abandoned, just not running, but I guess they got impatient and had the township police put the abandoned sticker on it. I've already been in touch with the officer handling the matter and he says I have a maximum of 1 week from today to move it which is 10 days from the time it received the abandoned sticker.

I'm ready to donate the car, but they need the title and unfortunately I don't have that. I have the application for a new title, but obviously that will take more then 1 week. I have a place I can move the car until I get the new title, but I'm just wondering if I actually have more then 1 week to move my car by law, as I'd prefer not to tow the car at my expense and rather have the donation company cover that.

Also, I removed the sticker as I was going to have the car towed today (I decided to wait until I get the certified letter from the police), so I'm wondering if that's going to be a problem. I put a note on the car that it's being donated and I have been in touch with the police.

justalayman

they don't have to wait for you to get your ducks in a row. You have been given notice of how the car is viewed and what will happen. Either move it yourself or it is going to get removed for you and likely is going to cost you money in the process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">