• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appealing Suspension on abstract record?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jace1319

so I just looked at my driving abstract record and i have 5 suspensions and they go as followed

1) Failed to pay child support on a retroactive
- Retroactive paid on 05/14/13

2) Failed to post bond
-Tint window ticket (paid on 3/13/12)

3) Failed to post bond
-Tint window ticket (paid on 3/13/12)

4) Failed to answer summons (relates to #2) (paid on 3/13/12)

5) Failed to answer summons (relates to #3) (paid on 3/13/12)

All these occurred in the state of New York . Is there anyway to appeal these suspensions or have some of them removed? Is so does anyone have A reference to lawyers that could help me out. Im willing to pay a fee. Thanks for any help.

FlyingRon

Nope, not to my knowledge. Those suspensions will age off four years after whatever the issue was with them was resolved. The convictions/bail forfeiture ones go three years from the end of the calendar year they were entered. There's no way to "expunge" them.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
If your license was legitimately suspended (and it seems as though it was) why would you think that the suspensions could be "removed"?

jace1319

If your license was legitimately suspended (and it seems as though it was) why would you think that the suspensions could be "removed"?

same reason I've gotten legitimate credit inquiries and items off my credit report why wouldn't i think maybe there's was a slight possibility? or should i just have a narrow mind like everyone else?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
same reason I've gotten legitimate credit inquiries and items off my credit report why wouldn't i think maybe there's was a slight possibility? or should i just have a narrow mind like everyone else?
Ahh, so because you've found apples on the apple cart, you now think you'll find persimmons there?

jace1319

Ahh, so because you've found apples on the apple cart, you now think you'll find persimmons there?

ahhh so you came here to be a smarta** or give me a realistic opinion or advice? Because i clearly stated i needed advice i mean whats the point of your comment? what are you trying to achieve again?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
You were being told that your credit report is not even in the same galaxy as your DMV driving record.

There is no advice on this only FACT: you CANNOT alter the driving history that DMV has for you unless the suspensions were caused by DMV errors and it would appear that's not the case here. End of story.

jace1319

You were being told that your credit report is not even in the same galaxy as your DMV driving record.

There is no advice on this only FACT: you CANNOT alter the driving history that DMV has for you unless the suspensions were caused by DMV errors and it would appear that's not the case here. End of story.

OBVIOUSLY i was using the credit report as an example because just in those forums people always say the same thing of how you cant "alter" the report and i prove them wrong all the time. So heres what im going to do. Im going to do some more research contact a few lawyers and write up a few appeal letters and see where that gets me. If i dont get any results then ill come right back here and apologize for being stubborn. On the other hand if i do get results i will upload them here and maybe then youll being open to the idea of possibilities and not closed minded regardless of "facts".

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
OBVIOUSLY i was using the credit report as an example because just in those forums people always say the same thing of how you cant "alter" the report and i prove them wrong all the time.
That's not what is said in this forum. Here, it is commonly advised that the creditor is under no legal obligation to remove an accurately reported item.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">