• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back in citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tranquility

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA (Anaheim)

I have a friend who was cited today for violation of 14.32.176:
14.32.176 PROHIBITION OF BACK-IN PARKING IN CITY LOTS.

It is unlawful to park or leave parked any vehicle in any parking space within any City-owned or maintained off-street parking facility in a manner wherein the front wheel or wheels of said vehicle are nearer to the designated access opening for said parking space than the rear wheel or wheels of said vehicle provided signs are erected prohibiting back-in parking in said parking facility or said space. (Ord. 4149 § 4; July 27, 1980.
While she is uncertain of the posting, she believes her work lot is city maintained. I suspect, come Monday, she will find proper posting as well and pay the ticket.

My question is why? Why is there such a law? If it is the fact that backing in might slow another down, would it not be better to punish that? Heck, pulling through in a lot would be a violation and that slows no one down.

Why would The Man make such a thing illegal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">