• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Background Checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Raven7777

What is the name of your state? NJ

I have a friend who was arrested I think what might have been a bench warrant for unpaid parking tickets that his ex-wife failed to tell him about.
He may get a new job soon that requires a background check. When the potential employer performs a background check, will this minor petty offense show up in a background check?

lerymup

Convictions

Background checks mainly show convictions. That is what employers do not want to see. especially felonies and misdameanors(sp).

racer72

Parking tickets are generally consider civil, not criminal infractions and do not show up on backround checks. But the failure to pay the tickets could have resulted in a criminal citation. Have your friend contact the court and see if the arrest will show up on a criminal record.

Raven7777

Thanks for the reply. Just to be on the safe side, could you recommend a Background Check Agency that my friend could perform his own search just to be sure. Is there a reputable organization that would conduct a thorough search or should he hire a private investigator to conduct search?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">