• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Backing in against the law in NJ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brontus

What is the name of your state? NJ Monmouth County, Asbury Park

My sister got a parking ticket today for backing into a parking spot. Her and two other cars all in a row parked in on-street parking near the school they attend. The secretary said it's a state law requiring cars to pull in, but I checked the N.J.S.A. Title 39 and found absolutely nothing. It's written up as MC:7-13 but the state statuates on improper parking are NJSA 39:4-138 There is no sign on the street saying cars must be pulled in.

Also, the cop who wrote the ticket marked off road conditions as dry (it's been raining all day and the ticket itself has bled from water damage) and her car as a two door when it's clearly a 4 door. Is there any way to get the ticket thrown out on this basis? The ticket obviously fails to describe reality.

Trying to find more information about the law, I went to the website where you can pay traffic and parking tickets online for NJ, NJMCdirect.com but they ticket isn't found in their database, and it's been almost 7 hours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">