• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

blocked driveway, not shared, but private drive.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

synuay

What is the name of your state? wv

I have a neighbor how is continually blocking my driveway. there is street parking for the homes that do not have driveways. but this neighbor instead of backing up 10 feet and parking in front of my home they will continually block my driveway as its closer to their home and more convenient.

there is my home, then my driveway on the right, and then their privacy fence. if they parked in front of my home there is room for 5-6 cars before you get to the house on the left of my home. plently of room. but the will block the drive. im not talking about a bumper sticking out. im talking about fully obstructing my drive by 3/4 of the way or more. Where i have to back out on the sidewalk at an angle to get around them and go down the bank just to get out of my driveway.

example (one of many) sunday 4pm: silver car blocking my driveway. empty space in front of their house. they arent home and have left my driveway blocked.
i return home 10 pm.two cars in front of their home, silver car is moved across the street and a gold van is blocking my drive once again!

monday 8am: gold van still blocking my driveway. two cars in front of their home, and fourth car parallel with sidewalk, on the sidewalk (obstructing it, double parked essentially) in front of their home.

we have asked them to not block driveway and that they are free to park in front of my home. but they continue to block the driveway. Among other problems, the gentleman is a town cop here. He should know not to block the drive. And have been told by many that the lady has caused vehicle damage (slashed tires, etc.). so im also considering video cameras around my home. have considered (do not block driveway, violators will be towed at owners expense) signs.

i have asked them to not block the driveway. doesnt work. should i post the signs? should i tow? I have read that i can call private towing companies if i have the signs posted. should i call the police dept. (not sure that would help, considering he is an officer.)

seriously, neighbors from #$!@ and back.:mad: help!!!What is the name of your state?

The Occultist

Contact the police department. If you feel it'll help you get your way, when making your complaint, so give indentifying information if your neighbor until an officer shows up and confirms that your driveway is being illegally blocked. Then the officer can write the parking ticket and be on his way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">