• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bogus Parking Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pgbucs

What is the name of your state? NJ

This afternoon I received a notice that I had an unpaid parking ticked in Newark, NJ. The infraction occurred at 5:50 AM while I was asleep in my home some 50 miles away. Needless to say, this is an erroneous ticket. After looking the ticket up on the web, I see that while my license plate number appears on the ticket, the make of the car is completely wrong. They have it down as a toyota, while I drive a GMC pickup. Is this worth fighting? Is that info enough to get it dismissed? If so, would I still have to pay court costs anyway?

Thanks in advance

sukharev

yes, that info should be enough to get the ticket dismissed. Of course, no way to know for sure. be the first one in line when you come to court (at least 30 min before the time you are supposed to) to raise your odds.

patstew

sukharev said:
yes, that info should be enough to get the ticket dismissed. Of course, no way to know for sure. be the first one in line when you come to court (at least 30 min before the time you are supposed to) to raise your odds.
You may not even have to go to court. Call the issuing entity -- they should be able to verify that the make is incorrect, and they may just void it.

Hey, it's worth a try, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">