• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bogus Parking Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sammystein

I live in Washington state and received a parking ticket when I was in a clearly outlined legal stall (two lines on either side of my vehical, no red curb, no signs), with a car parked next to me. I received a parking ticket for parking in a "Prohibited Area--Posted Signs." The ticket was also issued at an incorrect time -- two hours later than when I saw the ticket. I took a picture of my car in the parking stall, but didn't take a picture of the ticket, which would have shown the picture taken at 5:30 p.m. of a ticket issued at 7:30 p.m. I'm meeting with the court tomorrow but wonder what else I can do to prove my case. I don't care about the $35 fee, but this sounds like some sort of racket by the city to collect illegitimate parking fines!

The Occultist

I don't think the incorrect time on the citation will mean much in regards to you getting out of the ticket, but if you take plenty of pictures showing that there were no signs posted, then that should help you get out of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">