• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bogus ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aoifee

What is the name of your state? CA

Can anyone help me? Last week I recieved a parking ticket for suposedly parking in a no parking zone, the only thing is, there is no sign posted that says no parking. i and another car were in front of a sign that said no parking and had an arrow that went in ONE direction.

it is my understanding that such signs mean that from the sign going in the direction of the arrow there is no parking. i was not parked in the direction of the arrow.

I am contesting this ticket as i believe that it was written in error. Does anyone know for sure if this is what such a sign means? and does anyone know the california civil code that satates that? or where i might be able to find it.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Aoifee

Last edited:

I dont know california laws.

However, some cities/counties have signs posted at the borders. Such as New York City has a few signs that state "no turn on red". The Town of Brighton has a no parking sign for the winter months only at the borders. In this case, there is no requirement for a city to post a sign everywhere.

Then if that is not the practice of your city/county, then they are usually required to have posted signs. You should take a photo of the sign and mail your ticket with the photo to the judge and not to the payment address.

Also, most cities/counties require only one posted sign in a whole block regardless of how long the block is.

JETX

Does anyone know for sure if this is what such a sign means?
Normally, the 'no parking' sign with an arrow means from that point to the next corner or until another sign shows parking is allowed (normally by 'bracketing' the no parking between arrows). However, it is possible that the no parking sign may be a continuation from another further down the road.

and does anyone know the california civil code that satates that? or where i might be able to find it.
Yep... it is on your ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">