• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bp 25620

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hcooper11

California
I was recently cited for violating BP 25620 .
It was a big festival on UC San Diego's campus, where nearly everyone is intoxicated for the day. I had just woken up from a nap in the dorms and was walking to the bathroom with a small bottle of Orange juice. I was stopped by an undercover officer who asked for my drink and I.D. I am 21 years old and had been drinking hours earlier and could have smelt of alcohol, although at the time I was not currently intoxicated. The officer asked what I was drinking and I said O.J. He said and what alcohol? I said no it is just o.j. He proceeded to write my the citation and placed the bottle on the ground. I asked why do you think there is alcohol in there? He says, because it's my job. He never tasted or tested my o.j to see if there was indeed alcohol in it. I believe he assumed there was because of my surroundings and therefore I was falsely accused.
A. Is there any way the court will find me not guilty if I go to court? What are my options?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">