• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broward, FL - Handicap Parking ticket - after hours parking lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dalongboarda

Im not assuming, I mentioned crutches, heart/respiratory problems. I am pretty sure not all of them use wheelchairs. I mean I'm not a doctor so I will ask her on Tuesday and get back to you on that. I don't need to justify myself. I, as much as anyone else should have the rights to those parking spots. America is all about equal opportunity, I don't think setting aside specific parking spots for a particular group of people is very equal.

moburkes

Im not assuming, I mentioned crutches, heart/respiratory problems. I am pretty sure not all of them use wheelchairs. I mean I'm not a doctor so I will ask her on Tuesday and get back to you on that. I don't need to justify myself. I, as much as anyone else should have the rights to those parking spots. America is all about equal opportunity, I don't think setting aside specific parking spots for a particular group of people is very equal.
You call handicapped people "them", and you talk about equality? America is NOT about equal opportunity. That's where you are mistaken. You don't have the right to drive, so why would you have the right to a particular place to park?

justalayman

Put yourself there or imagine it was one of your friends or family. Not me, not the person that you have been debating with all night. Are you still going to tell them, "Get over yourself. You are wrong. Why make a bigger deal about it than it is. Pay your fine. Learn from your mistakes and go on with life. Let this experience make you a better person."?
I would tell them they are inconsiderate idiot a-holes as well. Just because they are related to me does not excuse them from following this simple law.

Personal descretion; I was referring to YOUR personal discrection. It is irrelevent.

No, I do not think the punishment is unjust. As proof, you continue to park in the handicap spot. The intent of the fine is to deter anybody from illegally using the space. Apparently your state needs to increase the fine so it will be respected.

I PARK MY MOTORCYCLE ALMOST DIRECTLY INFRONT OF THE STALL. i AM NOT IN ANYONES WAY OR TAKING UP ANY OF THEIR SPACE. YOU'RE NOT UNDERSTANDING
No, it is you that fails to understand. What you did was illegal. There is a prescribed fine for such a breach of law. You broke the law, you pay the fine.

What else is there to understand?

If you want to change the law, call your state senators et.al. and ask them to inititate a change to the law that allows idiots to be exempt from the law since their ESP has allowed them to see they are not an encumbrance to anybody that may need the handicap spot.

I'm sure you will be successful.

Pay the frickin' fine and get over it. As you have posted, it'scheaper than paying for a regular spot. Hpefully they will catch on to this and charge you with theft of services or any other applicable law that is more severe than a ticket such as you have recieved. and yes, there are laws that could be invoked that would provide a much greater penalty and an everlasting record. It would be hilarious to see your MC get towed. I can see the next "priceless" advertisement.

parking illegally in a handicap spot avoid paying for a parking spot- $160
money saved annually by skating like that- $xxx

seeing the dufus getting his MC towed and realizing the tow
and impound fees far outweigh any savings he thought he had

Priceless.

Ozark_Sophist

And whats up with the fire department anyway. Why do they always get a lane RIGHT NEXT to the building for themselves? Aren't they supposed to be fit or something? :rolleyes:

I don't think letting motorcyclists have special spots on large lots is right either.

dalongboarda

When I say "they" I am using it as a plural nominative pronoun. So I don't have to keep typing out the long word, handicapped (Like I said, I'm lazy). America isn't about Equal Opporitunity? So why do we have all these laws and regulations now? But I guess you're right, maybe we are regressing, next thing you know we will go back to the confederates, and Unions. Then we will regress back to slavery and then the witch-hunt. America is trying to become more Equal Opporitunity, but it is unrealistic. People are not equal, and never will be. That's life. It's sad but that is how it is.

dalongboarda

Till next time..

Even though we didn't really accomplish anything here, which is understandable because we just have different veiws. I would like to thank you for the "debate" I guess you could call it. I did learn some new information from it though. I didn't realize that handicapped parking is such a hot topic. Although I still have my views on my ticket situation, next time I am trying to find a parking i just might think twice before pulling into the hashed zone (even if im not obstructing anything :) )! And not becuase the legal issue but because of this rather heated debate with you all.

Thank You and Have A Good Day,
Brooks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">