• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bus stop ticket- parked beyond yellow curb marking?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ikarus47

What is the name of your state (NY)?

I parked (NYC) behind a bus stop and before the next traffic sign, and thought I was safe because a yellow line marking on the curb marked the end of the bus stop. I was well clear of that. Not sure if the picture will attach

bus stop 1.jpg

Several issues.
1) if the yellow like clearly ends before the spot where I parked, was I ok to park there? ie was it a legal spot?
2) I got 2 tickets within 12 minutes; the 2 tickets disagree on the location of the car (one states North, the other South of the intersecting street)- is that grounds for dismissal of one, or both tickets (I also got towed)?

Many thanks for any suggestions.
Andreas.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (NY)?

I parked (NYC) behind a bus stop and before the next traffic sign, and thought I was safe because a yellow line marking on the curb marked the end of the bus stop. I was well clear of that. Not sure if the picture will attach

bus stop 1.jpg

Several issues.
1) if the yellow like clearly ends before the spot where I parked, was I ok to park there? ie was it a legal spot?
2) I got 2 tickets within 12 minutes; the 2 tickets disagree on the location of the car (one states North, the other South of the intersecting street)- is that grounds for dismissal of one, or both tickets (I also got towed)?

Many thanks for any suggestions.
Andreas.
**A: it appears that you were not parked in a legal parking area.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The yellow curb means nothing. It was NOT a legal spot. The bus stop extends to where the next sign is posted or to the next intersection.

Well where were you? North or south of the intersecting street?
You can get your car towed for ANY parking violation. NYC is a designated tow away zone for any and all parking violations.

If you want further help post VERBATIM the wording on the tickets that note your car's location. Sounds like there may be other issues with the location but without the exact wording I can't say for sure.

ikarus47

wording

Thanks for the replies so far,

Wording on ticket #1:
E/S Riverside Dr 6ft N/of W139th St

Wording on ticket #2:
W/S Riverside Dr 6ft S/of W 139th St

Thanks,
Andreas.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
It's hard to believe that two tickets had you parked on opposite sides of both intersecting streets. Who issued these tickets, i.e. what agency or agencies?

Which side is the bus stop on? East or west?

Unless they are both wrong you're only looking at getting one tossed, ubless there is no bus stop at either location.

Then you will have to prove that there was no bus stop at the stated location with photographs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">