• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA Expired Registration & Failure To Appear

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reactive

Why are you giving advice here when you seem to be devoid of sympathy for anyone? Yes, he probably made mistakes on both counts, but once he changed the address with DMV, either the government or the collections agency should have contacted him at his current address sooner than happened. I hope the court has some sympathy.

I_Got_Banned

Assuming he never mailed the fine
That assumption seems to be right on... Especially since the OP NEVER stated anything suggesting he did pay the fine or the correction fee for that matter.

Assuming he never mailed the fine, then my idea won't work.
I'd ask you which idea you're referring to but then again, the "won't work" part seems to apply to all of your ideas so far....

For example:
including a copy of the dated DMV change of address form.
And where do you suggest he might be able to get that?

Please don't say "the DMV"!

The DMV might be able to look in their system to see when the last change of address was done, but to say that they can give you some sort of proof to take to court with you? Good luck.

But more importantly, what does the date the OP submitted his change of address to the DMV have to do with him paying a fine within the date stated on the citation???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">