• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

(CA) Failture to Pay, License Suspended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neirad

Hello,

I live in California, specifically Sacramento and my license has been suspended for nearly a year now. Due to some extenuating living circumtances, I have been effectively homeless for the past year with very little income. Recently I have found a stable living situation and I'm trying to figure out my transportation abilities. I have access to a vehicle but I've had tickets that have long since been sent to collections and was told today that I cannot obtain even a restricted license to get to and from work. This is a hindrance on my life because I don't really live close to any type of public transportation, and the public transportation is limited here.

My question is; Do I have any other options of obtaining my license, even if it's restricted outside of immediately paying the ~$2000 I owe? I had a payment plan established when I was making money but I defaulted it because I couldn't afford to keep paying it, even when I got rid of my previous vehicle. I feel really stuck (no pun intended) any advice would greatly help me, Thank you

LdiJ

Hello,

I live in California, specifically Sacramento and my license has been suspended for nearly a year now. Due to some extenuating living circumtances, I have been effectively homeless for the past year with very little income. Recently I have found a stable living situation and I'm trying to figure out my transportation abilities. I have access to a vehicle but I've had tickets that have long since been sent to collections and was told today that I cannot obtain even a restricted license to get to and from work. This is a hindrance on my life because I don't really live close to any type of public transportation, and the public transportation is limited here.

My question is; Do I have any other options of obtaining my license, even if it's restricted outside of immediately paying the ~$2000 I owe? I had a payment plan established when I was making money but I defaulted it because I couldn't afford to keep paying it, even when I got rid of my previous vehicle. I feel really stuck (no pun intended) any advice would greatly help me, Thank you
The only advice I can offer is to find any kind of job within walking or biking distance until you can pay off the fines.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">