• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Cell phone ticket - 2nd violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tbrady

California law. Can anyone tell me if I can do community service in lieu of paying for a cell phone ticket violation? This is my second offense. I paid over $300 last year for this ticket. I realize I am at fault. However, I am really trying hard to make ends meat and cannot afford to pay for another ticket. :(

CourtClerk

Community Service is generally not an option like it used to be. Turn off your cell phone and use the bill money to pay the ticket.

Maybe this time the fine will hurt enough that you'll stay off the phone while driving.

Philxxxx

California law. Can anyone tell me if I can do community service in lieu of paying for a cell phone ticket violation? This is my second offense. I paid over $300 last year for this ticket. I realize I am at fault. However, I am really trying hard to make ends meat and cannot afford to pay for another ticket. :(
They don't want anything but money ... $300??!!! Killers get off with paying less.

tbrady

cell phone ticket

I thought this was a professional site. I wasn't asking to be judged for my wrong doing, just for advice. If you all must know, I couldn't afford a blue tooth and my hard wire hands free broke. I'm just a human being who made a mistake and didn't kill anyone in the process. I'm an excellent driver and drive better than most people I know who use a blue tooth AND who don't even talk on their cell phone while driving. This is the last time I will post anything on this site.

justalayman

If you all must know, I couldn't afford a blue tooth and my hard wire hands free broke. I'm just a human being who made a mistake and didn't kill anyone in the process.
but you do admit to knowingly violating the law, right?

However, I am really trying hard to make ends meat and cannot afford to pay for another ticket.
then you should not knowingly break the laws with the hope you can get community service in lieu of a fine.

CourtClerk

They don't want anything but money ... $300??!!! Killers get off with paying less.
The fine for the first violation is about $159. If the OP paid $300, he had other issues he's not telling us about.

Always a ploy to get you to feel sorry for them, without them telling you 100% of the story.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">