• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Front Plates

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hany

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello All,

Can you trim around a FRONT plate? I have done it before, but taking a little off here and there so as to make it fit & look better based on the vehicle.

But this time I had to trim it basically where all you see are the numbers. That's it. Just he numbers. But my rear plate is standard all good.

My Question: As long as the numbers are still clear, should that not be all right?
I mean they really do not need to see the State Name since the beginning number indicates the State...correct? Again numbers are perfectly visible dead center and all.

Thanks

racer72

I've been seeing this in my state, people are cutting the license plate down to get the Euro license plate look. I see it mostly on Volkswagens.

justalayman

I mean they really do not need to see the State Name since the beginning number indicates the State...correct?
No, the little word that says "California" is how they know it is a California plate. There is no "beginning number" that signifies any given state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">