• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California, LA County online course to reduce parking ticket fine???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scottaj37

When we lived in California my wife received a simple illegal parking ticket when along the beach along a Manhattan (west la court) beach road. It was issued by an LA county sheriff. We soon after moved out of state, the ticket was forgotten for a few months. Consequentially, the ticket skyrocketed to over $700 and my wife's driver's license was suspended. Does anyone know if there exists the option of taking and online course or, traffic school in order to have this excessively high ticket reduced?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
When we lived in California my wife received a simple illegal parking ticket when along the beach along a Manhattan (west la court) beach road. It was issued by an LA county sheriff. We soon after moved out of state, the ticket was forgotten for a few months. Consequentially, the ticket skyrocketed to over $700 and my wife's driver's license was suspended. Does anyone know if there exists the option of taking and online course or, traffic school in order to have this excessively high ticket reduced?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Not for a parking ticket...

Pay the fine.

CourtClerk

Never heard of a parking ticket going that high.... traffic tickets do, but not parking tickets. Did your wife SIGN the ticket or was it placed on the windshield?

I_Got_Banned

This had to have been a moving violation because with failure to pay a parking, you (she) would not be able to renew your (her) vehicle registration along with -if not before- having your (her) her license suspended.

Antigone*

:eek::eek:Yikes...that's almost like the hubby finding out about the secret credit card :eek::eek:

Dinner time at that home is going to be most interesting tonight:eek:

scottaj37

It was a parking ticket.

There was a long line of cars along the beach road that all had tickets on their windshields. I was there. I remember we were broke. I was a teacher then. We kept in contact with the court.But by the time we were able to pay the $70 buck ticket it had gone sky high. I work a lot in Municipal courts and have never seen anything so high. It looks like shameless revenue-gathering by the city to me.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There was a long line of cars along the beach road that all had tickets on their windshields. I was there. I remember we were broke. I was a teacher then. We kept in contact with the court.But by the time we were able to pay the $70 buck ticket it had gone sky high. I work a lot in Municipal courts and have never seen anything so high. It looks like shameless revenue-gathering by the city to me.
It looks like people who think they can break the law without consequence to me :rolleyes:

CourtClerk

The courts do NOT... in LA County EVER deal with parking tickets.... NEVER.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">