• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I contest this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

qasr

What is the name of your state? MA.

I was ticketed and towed for parking on a crosswalk.

The street circles around a large park and there are multiple driveway entrances, but most are blocked off with pylons and not in use anymore. All of the driveways have a crosswalk extending from the driveway to the other side of the street. The parking signs notify whether parking is for residents or visitors and to which direction along the street that those rules apply. All of the driveways have these signs and indicate parking is only allowed around the driveways and not in front of.

I was not parked in front of the driveway, and this particular one had a crosswalk next to the driveway because straight across is an intersecting road. This crosswalk has worn paint and is difficult to see--it certainly doesn't stretch across the whole road and is broken in many parts. Additionally I wasn't even ON the crosswalk. The front tire was the closest part and was about 6" away from where the crosswalk would have been if it was painted there. The front part of my car might have been hanging over the crosswalk, it is hard to tell, even if I could remember exactly.

The tow cost $111 (already paid) and I have a $40 unpaid ticket. What are my options for disputing this ticket? Can I get the $111 back? What can I do besides write a letter (similar to above) and requesting dismissal?

racer72

The front part of my car might have been hanging over the crosswalk, it is hard to tell, even if I could remember exactly.
That is enough to make the tow and ticket legitimate. No part of the vehicle is allowed within the crosswalk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">