• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cancel parking ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fawkes

What is the name of your state? Florida

Does anybody know if a parking ticket in Dade County can be voided. I have been told by the cops twice (The last time I just paid it.) that this is not possible. However, we all lie, everybody lies to serve their own purpose (Of course, as I am searching for advice here, I am telling the truth. What would be the purpose of lying here?). So I want to see if it is at all possible to have a parking ticket canceled, and not have to bother with the judge (<$100 court costs if I lose). Surely if you talk to the right people things can be made to disappear, right? I don't want to sound arrogant or whiney, but I don't see that there was any harm done, and I surely ain't gonna do this again, so why should I have to pay the county any money? Revenue?

Last year they built an addition to the school in front of my house and made my street one way only. Fine, now I only drive north on my street, even though that can be a pain. They put up signs saying no parking, but I didn't realize that includes the swale in front of my property, which is of course gov't property. I usually don't park on the swale, but last night I parked my sedan on the swale, not realizing that it's illegal. However, I was not blocking traffic. What the heck, my roommates car which was in the driveway behind my old truck was just as far from the street and moving traffic as my car.

If I do have to go face a judge I think I have a good case, but it just seems like such a hassle for $32. So what I am wondering is, is it possible to turn a ticket into a warning. Does anybody have any experience talking to the police, and explaining that you didn't know you had done wrong, and gotten them to reverse a ticket. Or maybe some of you with law knowledge (I'm studying medicine, and know very little about law, unless it's HIPAA related.) can bestow some of your great knowledge upon me.

Thanks for any and all help,

Fawkes.What is the name of your state?

CdwJava

First, WHY would they just want to "void" the ticket? if they did not want to give you the ticket, you would not have gotten one.

Second, in many places parking and other cites are serialized and CAN NOT be voided. They generally must wind their way through whatever process is in place to deal with them. If they have a staffer tjhat handles these things and can void them, then THEY could do it. But, to avoid the appearance of favoritism or payola, most agencies do not allow line staff to just rip up or void citations of any kind.

Perhaps if you just pay the parking ticket ...

- Carl

Fawkes

parking ticket

First, WHY would they just want to "void" the ticket? if they did not want to give you the ticket, you would not have gotten one.

It's not that they would want to, but is it possible? When somebody does something wrong against you, you fight back. I just wanted to know my options. It seems that my option are 1) pay the ticket 2) go to court

Second, in many places parking and other cites are serialized and CAN NOT be voided. They generally must wind their way through whatever process is in place to deal with them. If they have a staffer tjhat handles these things and can void them, then THEY could do it. But, to avoid the appearance of favoritism or payola, most agencies do not allow line staff to just rip up or void citations of any kind.

Perhaps if you just pay the parking ticket ...

- Carl
I probably will just pay the ticket, because going to court is too much of a hassle. However, I like to keep my money in my pocket, and I don't roll over and follow orders like a sheep just because a cop told me to. I just wanted to know if I had any other options to fight this.

Thanks,

Guy

patstew

I probably will just pay the ticket, because going to court is too much of a hassle. However, I like to keep my money in my pocket, and I don't roll over and follow orders like a sheep just because a cop told me to.
I foresee much pain in your future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">