• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car parked with flat tire and no plates on public street. Can I get it towed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cjjr82

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I just moved into a building with 18 apartments, right next to another building with 21 apartments. Parking is very tight on the street, especially when coming home late at night after I am off work. There is a car parked on the street, that has not moved since I moved in 2 weeks ago, that has no plates and a flat tire.
Can I call someone to have this vehicle towed to open up more room on the street? If yes, who would need to be called?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I just moved into a building with 18 apartments, right next to another building with 21 apartments. Parking is very tight on the street, especially when coming home late at night after I am off work. There is a car parked on the street, that has not moved since I moved in 2 weeks ago, that has no plates and a flat tire.
Can I call someone to have this vehicle towed to open up more room on the street? If yes, who would need to be called?
Parking laws are handled by your city.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
In this case it might be considered derelict or abandoned since it has no plates.

Contact your local police and either they will deal with it or they will refer you to the appropriate agency.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">