• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Towed Without Warning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dkysela

What is the name of your state? PA (Pittsburgh)

Situation: I moved into a town house off of a terrace about 9 months ago, which has no parking lot/space. There is, however, legal street parking on the next street over (no permit required, only times it is "illegal," $13 ticket, is during street cleaning days). Both my land lady, other tenants, and residents on the street have confirmed this.

I parked there at 9pm monday night, my roommate parked there at 8am tuesday morning. The residents in the area said that on tuesday afternoon, signs were put up saying the street would get resurfaced, no parking. There were also things put on the cars stating to pay attention to the signs (which, were not put up until these were passed out), and that the cars would be towed in 24 hours. At 6am on wednesday, my car was towed($110) and I received a ticket for illegal parking ($100).

I paid everything, but filed a complaint with the city and have a court appointment for my ticket. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me?

Yes, my car was illegally parked at the time of towing.
No, it wasn't illegally parked, or did I know it was going to be illegal when I parked.
No, 24 hours notice was not fully given.

Thanks,

-Dan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">