• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change in Los Angeles pkg. ord.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

annegg

What is the name of your state? California

Does anyone know how and when the "new" 72hr./Abandon Car ordinance will take effect?
We have had trucks sitting unmoved on our streets for months (prior the owners willl just sit and wait for a warning then move them across the street> In the meantime local troublemakers hang out in them and party.)
The offices don't answer the phone to take reports anymore.
The police arrive too late and look at us like we are troublemakers since the partyers are long gone.

Any light at the end of the tunnel?What is the name of your state?

fairisfair

learn to tip toe through CC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwieback0
What is the name of your state? California, Culver City

To make a long story short...I went into an AM/PM to pick up some corndogs, parked in a handicap spot for 2 minutes, ran in and came back out, and there was a cop issueing me a ticket - $330!!!!!!!!!! Is there any way I can contest this or get the fine lowered? Any advice would be appreciated.

Possibly helpful info: Land is under commercial zoning, does not have any available parking spaces for store patrons besides the 1 handicap spot, he was issueing ticket when I came out and did not allow me the opportunity to move it

Annegg
That's Culver for you. I got my first speeding ticket, parking ticket , and red light ticket (I swear it was yellow on the way through!) at the Fox Hills Mall cross traffic light when the mall was closed! Those cops have it down. You probobly were so hungry you didn't see them waiting around the corner! Sorry for your down luck.

So, basically, it is okay to park in a handicap space, just not on YOUR street?:rolleyes:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
annegg said:

Does anyone know how and when the "new" 72hr./Abandon Car ordinance will take effect?
We have had trucks sitting unmoved on our streets for months (prior the owners willl just sit and wait for a warning then move them across the street> In the meantime local troublemakers hang out in them and party.)
The police arrive too late and look at us like we are troublemakers since the partyers are long gone.

NEW?
I don't think so.
Anyways....check out http://www.lapdonline.org/contact_us/content_basic_view/6594#1e

CdwJava

annegg said:

Even if they adopt a 72 hour abatement program, this does not mean that instantly every derelict vehicle will disappear. These things take time and involve contracts with tow companies, and a lot of record keeping.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">