• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charges in NJ prevent me from obtaining NH drivers license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grs13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Hampshire

A few years ago I received a ticket for not wearing my seat belt and possession of a very small amount of cannabis in the state of New Jersey. Recently when I contacted New Hampshire DMV I was told that I had to clear my record in NJ before I could do anything about obtaining my NH driver license. My problem is that I lost all my paperwork from NJ and have no idea who to contact in NJ about what fines or other punishments I need to clear up. I tried to call NJ DMV and courts but got nothing but a lot of runaround. Can anybody suggest something that might help?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Hampshire

A few years ago I received a ticket for not wearing my seat belt and possession of a very small amount of cannabis in the state of New Jersey. Recently when I contacted New Hampshire DMV I was told that I had to clear my record in NJ before I could do anything about obtaining my NH driver license. My problem is that I lost all my paperwork from NJ and have no idea who to contact in NJ about what fines or other punishments I need to clear up. I tried to call NJ DMV and courts but got nothing but a lot of runaround. Can anybody suggest something that might help?
Suggestions:

1) Keep calling
2) Hire a NJ traffic attorney
3) Drive to the court in NJ that you were dealing with

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
A few years ago I received a ticket for not wearing my seat belt and possession of a very small amount of cannabis in the state of New Jersey. Recently when I contacted New Hampshire DMV I was told that I had to clear my record in NJ...

So, in other words, you ignored the two tickets you received in NJ a "few years ago" and now you want to straighten it all out?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">