• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

City Sticker Violation - any recourse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pseudonymo

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Resident: City of Chicago

Upon returning to my car the other day, I noticed a $120 parking ticket for No/Improper Display of City Sticker. Though I purchased the sticker by mail months ago, as I always do, I didn't affix it to my windshield. The previous year's city sticker was displayed.

I was under the impression that violations of this type would be dropped if you could present the receipt for the purchase of the city sticker. Is this true? If not, was it ever true?

If it's not true, I'm trying to remember why I got this impression.

Many thanks in advance

The Occultist

SOME judges MAY be lenient and reduce the fine if not outright dismiss them. This does not mean they will, and they do not have to. Remember, the charge isn't for not having a current city sticket, but for not displaying it. Good luck!

Betty

Sometimes the parking ticket will get dismissed by the judge but you need to show the receipt for the purchase of the ticket (showing city sticker was purchased before you received parking ticket) & have the city sticker on the car. It's up to the judge though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">