• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cracked Windshield?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gynou

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
I got a parking ticket for violating code 80 subsection n-8 "cracked windshield". Neither my front or back windshield is cracked. I asked several people to look at them, in case I missed it :( My passenger side mirror is cracked but no piece of it has fallen off, and it still does the job. I checked the fine for that violation on the nyc.gov website (code 80), it's 45$. My ticket says $55. Can I fight the ticket on the ground that the ticket is defective (not well written) in 2 instances (fine amount and wrong description)? Should I go with the car and/or take pictures, as well as the print out from the nyc.gov website? Thanks for any advice.

$55 may not seem like a lot of money, but I just started working after 1 year of being unemployed, and I feel that I should fight this if only on principle--I don't have a cracked winshield. It must have been the last ticket of a ticket book, and the officer just wanted to get finish it off.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You JUST started working, but you think it would be more worthwhile (financially speaking) to miss work over a $45/$55 ticket?

The Occultist

What you may have seen on the website is merely a base fine, which does not include other costs assessed by the state, so it is very likely that $55 is still your correct total fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">