• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

curve parking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

donthavedinero

What is the name of your state? CA
I got a ticket in the mail for supp. "curve" parking while dropping off my lil. one to school. There is a sign that says no parking during school hours. So everybody basically does the same thing (stop and drop off right then and there).
It's not even a big street plus I always turn my emergency lights on. (it's not like it matters-heh)
Is there anyway I can fight it? I'm sure the ticket person was just there either taking pictures or writing down license plates #'s, since he/she didn't even have enough time to physically hand me the ticket or put it on my car. Is that legal? Is there anyway I can contest it? If so, what can I say? Please help!!! :(

Last edited:

HomeGuru

donthavedinero said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA
I got a ticket in the mail for supp. "curve" parking. I was dropping off my lil. one to school. There is a sign that says no parking during school hours, I mean everybody does the same thing. (park and drop off) It's not even a big street and I always turn on my emergency lights. Is there anyway I can fight it? I'm sure the ticket person was just there either taking pictures or writing down license plates #'s, since he/she didn't even have enough time to physically hand me the ticket or put it on my car. Is that legal? Is there anyway I can contest it? If so, what can I say? Please help!!! :(
**A: Face it, your'e guilty so pay the fine.

You Are Guilty

You're going to need to be a lot more specific with what exactly it is you were charged with.

{edit} I read it as you parked under a no parking sign and now are wondering why you got a ticket.

Last edited:

CdwJava

Emergency lights and "everybody does the same thing" is not going to be a defense. In my jurisdiction we prefill the parking ticket out with the violation and location at the school in question, and just add the license and vehicle information and hand them out as people park. It usually stops the illegal parking for a few weeks each time we do that.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">