+ Reply to Thread

Thread: curve parking

donthavedinero Guest

Red face curve parking

What is the name of your state? CA
    I got a ticket in the mail for supp. "curve" parking while dropping off my lil. one to school. There is a sign that says no parking during school hours. So everybody basically does the same thing (stop and drop off right then and there).
    It's not even a big street plus I always turn my emergency lights on. (it's not like it matters-heh)
    Is there anyway I can fight it? I'm sure the ticket person was just there either taking pictures or writing down license plates #'s, since he/she didn't even have enough time to physically hand me the ticket or put it on my car. Is that legal? Is there anyway I can contest it? If so, what can I say? Please help!!!
    Last edited by donthavedinero; 07-13-2004 at 03:29 PM.
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by donthavedinero
    What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA
    I got a ticket in the mail for supp. "curve" parking. I was dropping off my lil. one to school. There is a sign that says no parking during school hours, I mean everybody does the same thing. (park and drop off) It's not even a big street and I always turn on my emergency lights. Is there anyway I can fight it? I'm sure the ticket person was just there either taking pictures or writing down license plates #'s, since he/she didn't even have enough time to physically hand me the ticket or put it on my car. Is that legal? Is there anyway I can contest it? If so, what can I say? Please help!!!
    **A: Face it, your'e guilty so pay the fine.
    You Are Guilty is offline Senior Member
    You're going to need to be a lot more specific with what exactly it is you were charged with.

{edit} I read it as you parked under a no parking sign and now are wondering why you got a ticket.
    Last edited by You Are Guilty; 07-13-2004 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Clarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility
    Once you get to crazy land, it is only a guess on how to get out.
    CdwJava is offline Senior Member
    Emergency lights and "everybody does the same thing" is not going to be a defense. In my jurisdiction we prefill the parking ticket out with the violation and location at the school in question, and just add the license and vehicle information and hand them out as people park. It usually stops the illegal parking for a few weeks each time we do that.

Carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM