• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CVCI 21655.5B Impr use Pref Lane

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Corrothers

What is the name of your state? California

On a Saturday, I accidently ended up in the diamond lane going west bound on I-80. I was trying to get in the Oakland lane. I didn't realize that I had actually gone into a diamond lane until I was pulled over. The fine is $351! I'm confused, all the signs on the freeway say the diamond lane hours are only in effect Monday thru Friday, this was Saturday. Would it do me any good to go to court?

Thanks,
Shirley

CdwJava

Corrothers said:
What is the name of your state? California

On a Saturday, I accidently ended up in the diamond lane going west bound on I-80. I was trying to get in the Oakland lane. I didn't realize that I had actually gone into a diamond lane until I was pulled over. The fine is $351! I'm confused, all the signs on the freeway say the diamond lane hours are only in effect Monday thru Friday, this was Saturday. Would it do me any good to go to court?

Thanks,
Shirley
Sure.

Get a picture of the signs if you can (drive the stretch of road with someone who can get the picture). If that is the case, then you ought to find your case dismissed quickly. It coul dbe that the officer was in error about the dates and times of operation.

- Carl

THE PRACTICE-17

CdwJava said:
Sure.

Get a picture of the signs if you can (drive the stretch of road with someone who can get the picture). If that is the case, then you ought to find your case dismissed quickly. It coul dbe that the officer was in error about the dates and times of operation.

- Carl

My response:

Carl, the writer appears to be very concerned about the fine. If the writer goes to court, and loses, don't you think it might be a good time to discuss the "enhancements" to the base fine?

We haven't discussed that in awhile, and it would be beneficial to the writer, and to others reading this thread. Please address that issue.

IAAL

CdwJava

Please, feel free to do so. I suspect you may have that information more readily available than I.

- Carl

THE PRACTICE-17

CdwJava said:
Please, feel free to do so. I suspect you may have that information more readily available than I.

- Carl

My response:

Carl, it's in the Government Code. C'mon, I'd like to read your desertation on the subject.

IAAL

CdwJava

THE PRACTICE-17 said:
My response:

Carl, it's in the Government Code. C'mon, I'd like to read your desertation on the subject.

IAAL
If I ever come up with a dissertation on the subject, I promise that you will be the first to know. So, if you have something to add to the poster's inquiry, by all means add it.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">