• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dallas County, TX No Auto Insurance 2nd offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TicketBGone

Dallas Texas Dallas County -I have a warrant in Dallas County for no ins. second. I had a payment agreement set up to pay the fines. I moved out of state and defaulted on the agreement. I am back in Dallas and I am thinking about turning myself in and serving the ticket off by doing jail time. The amount due is $1330.00.

Since I am not working yet this would be a good way to make use of my time and eliminate a warrant and debt.

Here's my question: Where can I find out what the minimums and maximums the Dallas County my give me per day for time served?

Some say as little as $50 per day, and others say as much as $150 per day.

Does anyone here know where I can get info on what the minimums and maximums per day the County may give me per day?

FlyingRon

A second offense can get you up to a $1000 fine, that's over and above all the stuff you're going to have to do to get your license back (more $$$). You don't get paid to serve time in jail. You'll have to pay the fine though the court can set up the ability to pay it over time. We don't jail people for debts in this country.

TicketBGone

A second offense can get you up to a $1000 fine, that's over and above all the stuff you're going to have to do to get your license back (more $$$). You don't get paid to serve time in jail. You'll have to pay the fine though the court can set up the ability to pay it over time. We don't jail people for debts in this country.
Like what kind of other stuff? :eek::D

BTW, Ron did you even read the post before you replied? :)

The Occultist

FR provided accurate information, even if it was generalized instead of being specific towards your situation. FR indicated that you do not get paid to serve jail time (meaning you do not get to sit in jail hoping to receive a certain amount of moneys per day and have it applied to your fine), so I'm not sure how you decided that was not an answer to your question.

Please do not attempt to insult veteran posters (indeed this site is full of volunteers, meaning they work for free, that are attempting to provide you with insight). If you misunderstand something, or feel that one of the posters responding to you misunderstood something, feel free to raise those points, but please do not do so with anything that could be construed as an attitude (and, admittedly, one often finds an attitude when there is not through such a text-based medium, so please be as understanding as you expect us to be), and you will get as friendly answer as possible in regards to the answers that could be most insightful to your situation.

FlyingRon

The "other stuff" depends on what else happened. If you were in an accident, then that restitution will need to be made. You'll have to prove you have insurance (at this point that is likely to be costly in itself) and then pay the state the reinstatement fee when it comes around that you're even eligible to try to get a license again (I suspect two years, again it depends on the circumstances of the offenses).

I read and answered your question. They're not sending you to jail over even second offense no insurance violations (which in my opinion is two bad). The law calls for $350-1000 fine (plus costs) as I told you. There's no provision in Texas law for you to get any "credit" for sitting in jail. In fact, in this day and age, you'd be lucky they didn't make you pay for your room and board while serving.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">