• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defective parking ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alparra69

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I received a parking ticket for parking in a forbideen zone ( from 7 to 9 pm) The ticket shows that mar vehicle has 9 (nine) cylinders, when my car has only six. Can I request a dismissal mof the ticket alleging that it is defective.?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I received a parking ticket for parking in a forbideen zone ( from 7 to 9 pm) The ticket shows that mar vehicle has 9 (nine) cylinders, when my car has only six. Can I request a dismissal mof the ticket alleging that it is defective.?
The ticket shows you have 9 cylinders? Really?

I'm calling troll from the get-go on this one!

FlyingRon

What jurisdiction was this? NYC doesn't have a space for a number of cylinders on the violations (either the handwritten or the computer printed ones).

You Are Guilty

Is your car foreign? 9 foreign cylinders is the equivalent of 6 domestic cylinders. And did they get the car's weight correct? How about your weight (and/or height)? Finally, check to see if the correct "boxers/briefs" box is checked, which is an automatic dismissal if not.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">