• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Delinquent Parking Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dashboardb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
so i just got a mail for a notice of delinquent parking violation. i was confused cause i was never given a ticket.. and checking the address and date i know where it was.

so before i start i know it WAS part of my fault because i went into the bank while my sister was in the car with the hazard light on. asking her today she said she saw the parking enforcement so she moved the car right away without even talking to the enforcer and thats when i got cited.(im guessing)

So my question is can i get cited like that without being given a ticket. the parking enforcement person DID NOT give us a ticket or let us know that they were going to cite me and therefore i was unaware.. now they want me to pay 163 bucks for not paying the parking ticket in time.... from what i read you DONT get a courtesy notice for parking infringements..
So is this fightable? can i at least get the ticket reduced to the original price?

CdwJava

Where did you get this parking ticket? (City and state)

You should probably contact the parking agency and ask how you can contest the matter - IF you can. What you can do will depend on the laws of your unnamed state.

dashboardb

Where did you get this parking ticket? (City and state)

You should probably contact the parking agency and ask how you can contest the matter - IF you can. What you can do will depend on the laws of your unnamed state.
CA Los angeles sorry forgot to put that.
Yea i was planning to call them tomorrow when they open. hopefully they can at least reduce it to the original price

CdwJava

All you can do is ask. But, I hear they can be pretty tough ... assuming it was issued by LADOT.

It is likely that something was mailed to you. If your address has not been updated with the DMV, then that will be on you and you will almost certainly not get a result you will like. If THEY made a mistake, maybe ...

dashboardb

All you can do is ask. But, I hear they can be pretty tough ... assuming it was issued by LADOT.

It is likely that something was mailed to you. If your address has not been updated with the DMV, then that will be on you and you will almost certainly not get a result you will like. If THEY made a mistake, maybe ...
Ahh thank you anyways...!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">