• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Delinquent violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kitty77

What is the name of your state? New York

I received a deliquent notice about a ticket I never knew existed.

It claims an expired meter, I use this parking lot everyday and pay for about 9-12 hours of parking time daily, but this one says the meter expired at 12:30 p.m. I park at 9:30a.m. what happened to the rest of my time? and why am I getting a notice 4 months later?

How can I fight this?

seniorjudge

Kitty77 said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I received a deliquent notice about a ticket I never knew existed.

It claims an expired meter, I use this parking lot everyday and pay for about 9-12 hours of parking time daily, but this one says the meter expired at 12:30 p.m. I park at 9:30a.m. what happened to the rest of my time? and why am I getting a notice 4 months later?

How can I fight this?
Unless you have a receipt for that day showing you paid, then pay the ticket.

racer72

Is this ticket from a government agency or is it from a private parking lot company? Many states do not allow private parking companies to issue "parking tickets" and fines, all you can really be held liable for the is cost of the parking. Before paying any ticket, you should make sure it is legitimate and allowed per law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">