• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability PLACARD ISSUE: Assisted Living disability placard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

febsky

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

DISABILITY PLACARD ISSUE: Assisted Living disability placard

I work in a Retirement Home and Skilled nursing and our facility have several of these disability Placards. The placards have the name of our facility in the receipt with no patient name in particular. Our driver who brings our residents to their medical appointments is the only uses 1 these placards.

Sometimes it is the family members who brings them to their medical appointments.

Since we have several of these placards, is it legal to let family members borrow one of them (designate 2 placards) whenever family members bring our residents to their appointment? My co worker said that only our employees can use it, but my thinking is - the family is transporting OUR residents (and all our residents are over 75 y/o and it will be obvious that they are disabled and they can verify that they do live in our facility)

xylene

it is my employer that tasked me to find out :)
Review this:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg195.pdf

I would read that to suggest that only the corporate entity to whom your placards are issued are authorized to use them, and they are not transferable to the resident's families, as your boss suspected.

I however believe that their is nothing stopping the family members from applying for their own placard for use when transporting their family member.

Please note, age is not disability in and of itself for the sake of the parking regs, although I am sure many of the conditions apply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">