• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DMV Delay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

confused741

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

I didn't know where to post this, but I could really use some advice.
I went to renew my license today and as I was taking the visual test, the clerk said something to the effect of, "Hmm, huh? What's this?" She was staring at the screen like she didn't understand, and when I asked her what was wrong, she said "it wouldn't go through", and that there was the letter "S" in front of my name.
My middle initial is S, and my last name begins with S. She said it could be a technical error, but then she asked me if I had any unpaid tickets. I don't. She said she had to call Jefferson City, so she did. And then she said that Jeff City was going to have to call some office in Illinois... I was born in IL and my original license was issued in IL, but I renewed my license before in MO with no problems. She said the IL office was closed and to just come back tomorrow, but I'm confused. I don't understand any of this. What was the S for? I feel slightly paranoid about it... maybe I watch too many movies... but it was weird, the whole situation and I've never heard of anything like this.
Any advice is appreciated.

confused741

Wow. Thanks for that thought provoking response, Enlightened One. So nice to meet people who are so intellectual. ;)

confused741

Oh I think it's just overrun with clueless people. ^

Let me rectify my quandary- Any USEFUL advice would be appreciated.
-Lifeless idiots need not reply.

The Occultist

Oh I think it's just overrun with clueless people. ^

Let me rectify my quandary- Any USEFUL advice would be appreciated.
-Lifeless idiots need not reply.
Here's some advice: the DMV dealing with a potential clerical error is not a legal concern, so you're on the wrong website. Now, please kindly get out of here, and take your attitude (which has been negatively projected on a site full of VOLUNTEERS) with you. See ya.

davew128

Clearly the DMV worker was mistaken. It was not the letter S associated with the poster. It was the letter L. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">