• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Double Park

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ahsin007

What is the name of your state? Queens NY
I received a double parking ticket today. The ticket itself seems fine with no mistakes except the color of the car is wrong. I read in different forums that wrong color of car is not a fatal mistake. However i Looked up the violation code and this is what i found: "Standing or parking on the roadway side of a vehicle stopped, standing or parked at the curb; in other words, "double parking". A person may; however, stand a Commercial Vehicle alongside a vehicle parked at the curb at such locations and during such hours that stopping, standing and parking is not prohibited when expeditiously making pickups, deliveries or service calls, provided that there is no unoccupied parking space or designated loading zone on either side of the street within 100 feet. "
Can i use the above as my defense even though I have a passenger plate type. The ticket was issued to me infront of me since I was picking up something from a local store. Furthermore I also had a friend in the car who was about to move the car but he didnt gave her a chance to move it. thank you for the response.What is the name of your state?

The Occultist

Probably not. If you can prove that it was being used for commercial purposes, you may find some leniency, but don't count on it.

Raqui

I have heard of this before and if it is not a commercial vehicle they act funny. I would try to fight it though since it is was not an unattended vehicle. They have to give you a chance to move it. You can even stand in front of a fire hydrant during daytime hours as long as someone is in the car to move it if neccsary. Make sure you get a statement from your friend to include in your case.

moburkes

I have heard of this before and if it is not a commercial vehicle they act funny. I would try to fight it though since it is was not an unattended vehicle. They have to give you a chance to move it. You can even stand in front of a fire hydrant during daytime hours as long as someone is in the car to move it if neccsary. Make sure you get a statement from your friend to include in your case.
Where are you getting your legal advice?

Raqui

I have been reading the ticket sites and the rules and regulations to what you can do to fight a ticket. I been on it for like a week so far. What works, What doesnt work blah blah. i seem to have found alot about fighting tickets but nothing so far about what to do if your yellow line is barely visible. Which is my problem.

You Are Guilty

Where are you getting your legal advice?
He's actually correct about the hydrant thing - it's a local quirk. However, it only applies to hydrants, not any other type of infraction, like double parking. They certainly do NOT need to give you a chance to move before ticketing you!

And the commercial defense will not work without commercial plates. Best bet is to just ask for a settlement and pay the reduced fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">