• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Double parked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

askmewhy

What is the name of your state? NYC

My wife was feeling sick as I drove her home from work. All of a sudden she tells me to stop the car and get her something to drink so she could take some medication because she was she was going to throw up and was starting to get a panic attack. I saw the meter car on the corner but I had no choice. I put on my hazard lights and double parked in front of the store. I ran in to get her a drink so she could take her pills. I was only in the store for a minute When i came out my wife was crying that the meter person gave us a ticket. She didnt even ask my wife to move the car. The ticket states double parking- no driver. What are my chances of fighting this ticket. I feel that the meter person just got upset that I double parked in front of them but what else could I do after all it was an emergency stop and I was not blocking traffic.What is the name of your state?

JETX

What are my chances of fighting this ticket.
You have a real good chance of fighting the ticket... after all, that is your legal right. :D

I feel that the meter person just got upset that I double parked in front of them but what else could I do after all it was an emergency stop and I was not blocking traffic.
What you feel has nothing to do with this. The simple matter, per your own post, is that you WERE double parked... and the driver was not in the vehicle... and there is no requirement for you to be blocking traffic to be in violation.

askmewhy

Yes I would consider it an emergency if you have a passenger who is sick and is having a panic attack. You have obviously never seen anyone with have a real panic attack where they are freaking out and getting hysterical believing that they are going to have a heart attack or die. Unfortunately my wife sometimes gets these attacks and they are very sudden and they are very very severe. They can be triggered by physical symptoms such as nausea. It was an emergency and I pulled over safely and got her water so that she could swallow her pills.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">