• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Double Parking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lizzy

What is the name of your state? Lakewood, CA

Hi..

My sister's friend was picking up my sister a couple of days ago and while waiting she happened to be double parking right in front of our apartment. She never leave the car and her engine is on and she waited for max of 2 minutes. While she was waiting, the city parking enforcement drove by and parked right next to her for a while then when my sister got in the car both the parking enforcement and my sister's friend drove off.

Yesterday she received a ticket for double parking, so, she called the city and she talked to this lady who told my sister's friend double parking is when you're not in the car and the engine is off. Automatically, my sister's friend told her well, I was in the car and even the guy saw when me in there. But, when she tried to argue it, the lady hung up the phone.

The city has made 2 mistakes in the past regarding parking violation and so I want to make sure. If she made a mistake then she should to pay the fine but if not then I think she should argue it.

Thank you.What is the name of your state?

HomeGuru

lizzy said:
What is the name of your state? Lakewood, CA

Hi..

My sister's friend was picking up my sister a couple of days ago and while waiting she happened to be double parking right in front of our apartment. She never leave the car and her engine is on and she waited for max of 2 minutes. While she was waiting, the city parking enforcement drove by and parked right next to her for a while then when my sister got in the car both the parking enforcement and my sister's friend drove off.

Yesterday she received a ticket for double parking, so, she called the city and she talked to this lady who told my sister's friend double parking is when you're not in the car and the engine is off. Automatically, my sister's friend told her well, I was in the car and even the guy saw when me in there. But, when she tried to argue it, the lady hung up the phone.

The city has made 2 mistakes in the past regarding parking violation and so I want to make sure. If she made a mistake then she should to pay the fine but if not then I think she should argue it.

Thank you.What is the name of your state?

**A: you have no clue, and the driver is guilty. OF course you did not tell us the complete story but we don't really need it.

CdwJava

lizzy said:

What section was she cited for violating?

She's lucky an officer didn't come by - she could have gotten a MOVING violation for obstructing the roadway. In CA people do not generally have the right to stop, stand, or park their vehicle in the middle of the road. And when they are stopped, left standing, or parked, they need to be no more than 18" from the curb.

There is not much she can do to get out of this one unless she got cited for an inappropriate code section.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">