• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Double parking ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Miracle_mulan

I have a question I received a double parking ticket in NYC the officer asked me to move my car which I did he then followed me two blocks and pulled me over and gave me a ticket for being double parked is that legal ? I did notice that his partner told him I rolled my eyes after he told me to move and I honestly believe that's why he followed me and gave me a ticket

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Yes, it's legal, although not common practice. I would have given you a ticket and then told you to move.

The officer observed you double parked so you were in violation. The fact that he decided a few minutes later to give you a ticket is inconsequential.

You can, of course, fight the ticket by various means but don't count on winning.

Bali Hai

I have a question I received a double parking ticket in NYC the officer asked me to move my car which I did he then followed me two blocks and pulled me over and gave me a ticket for being double parked is that legal ? I did notice that his partner told him I rolled my eyes after he told me to move and I honestly believe that's why he followed me and gave me a ticket
Of course that's legal. What wasn't legal was you being double parked.

After you pay your fine, think about how you will handle yourself the next time an officer gives you a break. Will you roll your eyes and pay a $$$ fine or thank the officer and wish them a good day?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">