• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Doubling of Parking Tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vgegas

Illinois

I went to pay my parking tickets and was told that there wasn't a record of them in my name. I wanted to pay before they began doubling. I was told not to worry anyway because there was an "agreement" between Florida and Illinois preventing the doubling of the tickets and because I had an out of state license. At the time I had a FLorida license and plates. I just received a Notice of Judgment in the mail. Does any one know of such an arrangement that would reduce the amount I would have to pay especially when the city told me there was no record in the first place?

moburkes

Illinois

I went to pay my parking tickets and was told that there wasn't a record of them in my name. I wanted to pay before they began doubling. I was told not to worry anyway because there was an "agreement" between Florida and Illinois preventing the doubling of the tickets and because I had an out of state license. At the time I had a FLorida license and plates. I just received a Notice of Judgment in the mail. Does any one know of such an arrangement that would reduce the amount I would have to pay especially when the city told me there was no record in the first place?
Why weren't you able to present them with YOUR RECORD of the tickets?

patstew

Illinois

I went to pay my parking tickets and was told that there wasn't a record of them in my name. I wanted to pay before they began doubling. I was told not to worry anyway because there was an "agreement" between Florida and Illinois preventing the doubling of the tickets and because I had an out of state license...Does any one know of such an arrangement that would reduce the amount I would have to pay especially when the city told me there was no record in the first place?
"The city" didn't tell you that; some person did. Do you have that person's name?

I'd refer back to them for clarification.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">