• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dps suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kingcye

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Ok this is a little long. I recived a ticket in 2002 for no seatbelt and registration out (non-moving violations). During that time my license was expired through omni. Im pretty sure I wasnt aware of the denial of renewal, but I didnt get a ticket for that. For whatever reason the Police Officer didnt take me to jail or give me a ticket. So I took care of my license being expired but I didnt take care of the ticket. I was 19 and I was stupid for not taking care of it I know (I think it was money and I tried to take care of it without my parents knowing). Anyway some college years and a new business later I got a postcard 2/19/11 stating that I had a warrent for my arrest. So I couldnt remember back almost 9 years ago (im 28 now) so I paid for my tickets online which had added a failure to appear charge.

Anyway the ticket was repoted to TX DPS and I just got a letter from DPS saying they wanted to suspend my license for a year because "according to their records" I was driving in 2002 with an invalid DL and I've requested a hearing. Whats going on? Does DPS just want money? And why am I being charged this even though I didnt get a ticket or been thrown in jail for it? Can DPS charge people like that? If they can that's scary because I always thought you had to get a ticket for the violation in the first place. How do you protect yourself besides not breaking the law. No one's perfect. I hardly see how this has anything to do with PUBLIC SAFETY when all it does is endanger my income because I own a business. I drive everywhere and Im not married or have someone to "chauffer" me around, plus where I live we dont have dart LOL(commerce TX). More like a tractor.

Would this technically count as a first offence means as how I didnt get a ticket?

I've seen where I can get an emergency license, but that doesnt make sense because I get new clients all the time in diffrent locations so that would be the pointless because I'm not driving to a set location everyday.

Why is this such a criminal offense? I read that this is a was a class A misdemenor but now B, or a third degree felony!! Wow our law system is crazy. Please offer something helpful. I've talked to lawyers and have been told mixed answers and I dont know who to believe. I posted this question on here because there are some intelligent people here who might know something. And please dont ask me what they said, because I dont want answers based on what I've been told by them. I want your answer.

Last edited:

Well, since this is so critical to your business don't you think you should speak to an attny as opposed to this free advice board ?? I would

kingcye

Well, since this is so critical to your business don't you think you should speak to an attny as opposed to this free advice board ?? I would
Please offer something helpful. I've talked to lawyers and and gotten mixed answers and I dont know who to believe. I posted this question on here because there are some intelligent people here who might know something. And please dont ask me what they said, because I'm asking on here. Thanks for the reply:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">