• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving on private property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hal_b

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My son recently got his learners permit to drive. Instead of having him drive on the roads and interact with other motorist, I conducted his first several lessons in a empty parking lots. For his 4th time out, I took him to a local shopping mall. It was about 5:30 on Sunday morning. As expected, the lots were pretty much deserted. The mall security guard caught up with us while practicing to park and asked us to leave. He stated the liability don’t allow that. I assume the mall is private property but I didn’t see anything saying we weren’t allowed to drive the lots or park there.
Do they have the legal right to ask us to leave or were they just blowing a bunch of hot air?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">