• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emergency snow route parking ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MAA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT
i woke up to a ticket on my car for parking in a emergency snow route. I'm questioning why because one there was absolutely no snow on ground or anywhere. So i went to check news/weather and there was no snow forecast until two days away also no parking bans. There is a sign posted Emergency Snow Route No Parking 1am to 5am Dec 1st to april 15. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

justalayman

Isn't Emergency Snow Routes in effect only during a parking ban?
Ok, I can go with that so you have to determine when there is a parking ban

There is a sign posted Emergency Snow Route No Parking 1am to 5am Dec 1st to april 15.
it looks like parking is banned from 1 am to 5 am from Dec 1 to Apr 15.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
You can search through the Connecticut General Statutes (CGS) for the appropriate law. I have neither the time nor the inclination to do that for you.

The sign seems pretty clear and you disobeyed it. It would seem as if it is NOT necessary for the town or city to actually declare a snow emergency for the parking restriction to be in place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">