• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired drivers license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tolstoy

What is the name of your state? South Dakota

This is embarrassing but I noticed about a month ago that my DL expired a year before. Ive been out of state on business for about nine months and didnt notice it had expired. I rarely even look at my license and even when I got pulled over in Texas last august I didnt look at it then and the police didnt say anything about it either (I got off with a warning to be more careful on the freeway). I thought it was to expire in January 2009 but apparently it expired in January 2007.Ive been driving the entire time too but only had to use it that one time when I got pulled over (Im 49 and never get carded, in fact I never buy liquor.) Im in California at the moment and wont be able to return to South Dakota for another couple months. Am I in deep guano or what should I tell the Motor Vehicles Dept?

seniorjudge

Get your license renewed now.

Do not drive until you have a valid license or you will have more trouble than you can handle.

patstew

Have you looked into renewing online? Lots of states have that now. Lacking that, call your home DMV and ask for help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">