• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired Inspection Sticker NYC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

New York state:

Hi,

I received a ticket for an expired inspection on 9/1/06 inspection expired 8/31/06. I received the ticket in a private lot near Yankee Stadium. Can a cop issue a ticket in a private lot? Also, he wrote the incorrect vehicle color and year on the ticket. Can I easily win this because of the error? I have heard that if you get the vehicle inspected the following day you may be able to beat the ticket, is this true? If so when I go to dispute it online what is the best way to state my case and should I supply proof of inspection. Thanks...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You Are Guilty

123456 said:
Hi.
123456 said:
I received a ticket for an expired inspection on 9/1/06 inspection expired 8/31/06. I received the ticket in a private lot near Yankee Stadium. Can a cop issue a ticket in a private lot?
If the lot is open to the public, probably. Depends on the lot.
123456 said:
Also, he wrote the incorrect vehicle color and year on the ticket. Can I easily win this because of the error?
Define "easily". (Wrong color won't make a difference. Wrong year might).
123456 said:
I have heard that if you get the vehicle inspected the following day you may be able to beat the ticket, is this true?
Yes. Depends on the ALJ you get.
123456 said:
If so when I go to dispute it online what is the best way to state my case and should I supply proof of inspection.
Best way is not to do it online - go in person. Much, much, MUCH better chance if you're physically there. Otherwise, bring/send proof of the new inspection and proof that the year on the ticket is wrong (the registration ought to be fine).
123456 said:
Thanks...
Welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">