• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired inspection sticker ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

psat

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I got pulled over by cop when I was driving my wife's car for expired inspection sticker. Inspection was due in August and ticket is received in November. I am not the owner of car and ticket also says operator not owner.

My wife bought this car as new last year (2005 model). She was not aware that new car needs inspection after 1 year because registration do not expire for 2 years. We did not receive any notice in mail for inspection.

What are my chances of winning this ticket if I contest? I do not want to transfer this ticket to my wife's record also.
Please advise on how to fight this ticket in court?
Should I plead for only paying fine but request for nothing on my record?

Thanks in advance.

seniorjudge

psat said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I got pulled over by cop when I was driving my wife's car for expired inspection sticker. Inspection was due in August and ticket is received in November. I am not the owner of car and ticket also says operator not owner.

My wife bought this car as new last year (2005 model). She was not aware that new car needs inspection after 1 year because registration do not expire for 2 years. We did not receive any notice in mail for inspection.

What are my chances of winning this ticket if I contest? I do not want to transfer this ticket to my wife's record also.
Please advise on how to fight this ticket in court?
Should I plead for only paying fine but request for nothing on my record?

Thanks in advance.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/search.php?searchid=884145

Q: What are my chances of winning this ticket if I contest?

A: Zero. Reason? "I got pulled over by cop when I was driving my wife's car for expired inspection sticker. Inspection was due in August and ticket is received in November. I am not the owner of car and ticket also says operator not owner."

sukharev

Here is what you do: get the car inspected ASAP ($29 at any gas station or car shop). Show up at the magistrate hearing with proof of inspection, say you are sorry you lapsed on inspection, and fixed it. No guarantee, but chances are 50/50 that you would have ticket dismissed or at least reduced to non-moving violation. Good luck.

R

rmvappeal.com

Expired Inspection Sticker

There is no way to get it reduced to a non-moving violation. Either you will win and be found not responsible...or you will have it on your driving record and counted as a "surchargable event." The Judge and/or Clerk-Magistrate can reduce the fine amount...but it still will go on your driving record as a surchargable event.

Last edited by a moderator:

michaelk2008

Multiple tickets for not late inspection

I have a newer car in MASS and recently received 2 different citations for the same issue of not having the inspection done on time. The tickets were May 5 and May 15th. Do I have to pay both?
Thanks
Michael

racer72

I have a newer car in MASS and recently received 2 different citations for the same issue of not having the inspection done on time. The tickets were May 5 and May 15th. Do I have to pay both?
Thanks
Michael
Start your own thread, please don't hijack other's threads.

xylene

Thanks
Michael
Hijack...

But the answer is YES. You must pay BOTH tickets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">