+ Reply to Thread
    psat is offline Junior Member

Question Expired inspection sticker ticket

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I got pulled over by cop when I was driving my wife's car for expired inspection sticker. Inspection was due in August and ticket is received in November. I am not the owner of car and ticket also says operator not owner.

My wife bought this car as new last year (2005 model). She was not aware that new car needs inspection after 1 year because registration do not expire for 2 years. We did not receive any notice in mail for inspection.

What are my chances of winning this ticket if I contest? I do not want to transfer this ticket to my wife's record also.
    Please advise on how to fight this ticket in court?
    Should I plead for only paying fine but request for nothing on my record?

Thanks in advance.
    seniorjudge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by psat
    What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I got pulled over by cop when I was driving my wife's car for expired inspection sticker. Inspection was due in August and ticket is received in November. I am not the owner of car and ticket also says operator not owner.

My wife bought this car as new last year (2005 model). She was not aware that new car needs inspection after 1 year because registration do not expire for 2 years. We did not receive any notice in mail for inspection.

What are my chances of winning this ticket if I contest? I do not want to transfer this ticket to my wife's record also.
    Please advise on how to fight this ticket in court?
    Should I plead for only paying fine but request for nothing on my record?

Thanks in advance.

[url]http://forum.freeadvice.com/search.php?searchid=884145[/url]

Q: What are my chances of winning this ticket if I contest?

A: Zero. Reason? "I got pulled over by cop when I was driving my wife's car for expired inspection sticker. Inspection was due in August and ticket is received in November. I am not the owner of car and ticket also says operator not owner."
    There are two rules for success:

(1) Never tell everything you know.
    sukharev is offline Member
    Here is what you do: get the car inspected ASAP ($29 at any gas station or car shop). Show up at the magistrate hearing with proof of inspection, say you are sorry you lapsed on inspection, and fixed it. No guarantee, but chances are 50/50 that you would have ticket dismissed or at least reduced to non-moving violation. Good luck.
    rmvappeal.com Guest

Expired Inspection Sticker

There is no way to get it reduced to a non-moving violation. Either you will win and be found not responsible...or you will have it on your driving record and counted as a "surchargable event." The Judge and/or Clerk-Magistrate can reduce the fine amount...but it still will go on your driving record as a surchargable event.
    Last edited by m martin; 04-20-2007 at 09:56 AM.
    michaelk2008 is offline Junior Member

Multiple tickets for not late inspection

I have a newer car in MASS and recently received 2 different citations for the same issue of not having the inspection done on time. The tickets were May 5 and May 15th. Do I have to pay both?
    Thanks
    Michael
    racer72 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelk2008 View Post
    I have a newer car in MASS and recently received 2 different citations for the same issue of not having the inspection done on time. The tickets were May 5 and May 15th. Do I have to pay both?
    Thanks
    Michael
    Start your own thread, please don't hijack other's threads.
    If you feel my answer is rude, mean, snarky or in anyway not to your liking, I did my job. You don't need to tell me.

No private messages, I do not reply to them.
    xylene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelk2008 View Post
    Thanks
    Michael
    Hijack...

But the answer is YES. You must pay BOTH tickets.