• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

expired registration & insurance, car towed where?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pkalo

I live in MD. My registration was expired and my insurance had lapsed for 2 days, a cop gave me tickets for both and said they had to take the tags off my car and also tow it. Where did it get towed to? All they told me was I need to show proof of insurance to get my tags back & then as soon as I get my car to drive straight to get my emissions inspected. I took care of the insurance, now I'd love to get my car back, but I have no idea where to go and how much it's going to cost.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

I live in MD. My registration was expired and my insurance had lapsed for 2 days, a cop gave me tickets for both and said they had to take the tags off my car and also tow it. Where did it get towed to? All they told me was I need to show proof of insurance to get my tags back & then as soon as I get my car to drive straight to get my emissions inspected. I took care of the insurance, now I'd love to get my car back, but I have no idea where to go and how much it's going to cost.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Why don't you call the police department who gave you the ticket?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Or go to any PD with your plate # and by running the plate they should be able to get the impound info.

Mass_Shyster

Or go to any PD with your plate # and by running the plate they should be able to get the impound info.
Sometimes it's easier to call a few tow companies. If the one you call doesn't have it, there's a good chance they can tell you who likely towed it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">