• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired tag and drivers license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Showtime404

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Ok. I recently moved from Georgia back to Alabama. Before I was able to complete this move in December my Georgia car tag expired and so was my Alabama driver's license. I was pulled over and give a ticket for both infractions. Within a week I was able to get my license renewed in Alabama and transfer my tags over to Alabama. I'm schedule to appear in court on the 31st and I really don't know what to expect or how I should handle this case. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JETX

Ok. I recently moved from Georgia back to Alabama. Before I was able to complete this move in December my Georgia car tag expired and so was my Alabama driver's license. I was pulled over and give a ticket for both infractions. Within a week I was able to get my license renewed in Alabama and transfer my tags over to Alabama. I'm schedule to appear in court on the 31st and I really don't know what to expect or how I should handle this case. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Though your post-citation conduct won't necessarily waive your liability, some courts will take your remedy of the problems in consideration. Take your evidence of remedy to court and take your chances.

Happy Trails

What is the name of your state? Georgia

You can expect fines.

Go to this site for an idea: http://www.georgiacourts.org/courts/fulton/magistrate_traffic.html

For tags that expired less than 59 days - fine of $100
For tags that expired more than 60 days - fine of $125

For expired license - $135.00, or $20.00 with new license in court

Also keep in mind court and administrative fees can be added.

Showtime404

Thank you both for taking the time out to respond. Two more questions. Both tickets were given to me by Cobb County. Do those fines listed on the website still apply? (I noticed that was a Fulton County website.) Will I have to pay these fees on the same day or will they give me a few days to make the payment? Thanks again.

Happy Trails

Thank you both for taking the time out to respond. Two more questions. Both tickets were given to me by Cobb County. Do those fines listed on the website still apply? (I noticed that was a Fulton County website.) Will I have to pay these fees on the same day or will they give me a few days to make the payment? Thanks again.
I believe the fines will be similar.

Go to this site for frequently asked questions about citations for Cobb County:

https://cobb.ga.ezgov.com/ezticket_text/faq_process.jsp

seniorjudge

You plead not guilty if you think you are not guilty. Then you get a trial.

You plead guilty if you think you are guilty. Then you get sentenced.

Showtime404

I forgot to come on here earlier and update my thread.

Today was my lucky day. I never saw the judge because the prosecutor dismissed my case. No fine or fees! Thanks again for the help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">