• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Faculty parking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MJS6782

What is the name of your state? New York
I got a ticket for parking in a no parking between 9am- 4pm (xcept for faculty) area. However, it was really 90 degree angle parking with no such restrictions. There was a sign for the no parking 9-4 but it is about 100 yards away and around a bend (completely out of site). The closest sign to my parking spot is a sign stating no parking for alternate side cleansing (which I did not violate), with a double arrow permitting my parking spot. For the 90 degree angle parking the whole area is physically demarked for this type of parking with an indentation into the sidewalk for the 90 degree parking. The 9-4 parking is logically from the sign to the beginning of the 90 degree parking. Bottom line: two signs saying different things, with the restricting sign completely out of site and with a physical barrier ending its demarkation. By the way 20 to 30 other people were ticketed as well. What should I do? and if I do fight the ticket do I get court fines and other fines in addition to the ticket?

Last edited:

seniorjudge

MJS6782 said:
What is the name of your state? New York
I got a ticket for parking in a no parking between 9am- 4pm (xcept for faculty) area. However, it was really 90 degree angle parking with no such restrictions. There was a sign for the no parking 9-4 but it is about 100 yards away and around a bend (completely out of site). The closest sign to my parking spot is a sign stating no parking for alternate side cleansing (which I did not violate), with a double arrow permitting my parking spot. For the 90 degree angle parking the whole area is physically demarked for this type of parking with an indentation into the sidewalk for the 90 degree parking. The 9-4 parking is logically from the sign to the beginning of the 90 degree parking. Bottom line: two signs saying different things, with the restricting sign completely out of site and with a physical barrier ending its demarkation. By the way 20 to 30 other people were ticketed as well. What should I do? and if I do fight the ticket do I get court fines and other fines in addition to the ticket? This is so bogus.
Q: What should I do?

A: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=292712

This is so bogus.

Explain yourself.

Definitions of bogus on the Web:

* false, counterfeit, nonexistent or fraudulent.
www.ots.treas.gov/glossary/gloss-b.html

* A fictitious stamp-like label created for sale to collectors. Bogus issues include labels for nonexistent countries, nonexistent values appended to regularly issued sets and issues for nations or similar entities without postal systems.
www.vistastamps.com/glossary1.html

* A fictitious stamp-like label created solely for sale to collectors. Such "bogus stamps" are not good for postage.
www.stamps.net/terms.htm

* This is an unauthorised stamps or label.
www.a2zstamps.co.uk/glossary.php

* fraudulent; having a misleading appearance
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* Something that is "bogus" is something that is useless, bad or fake.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogus

MJS6782

ok, forget the bogus quote, I deleted it. I would like to know if I can fight this ticket or is it a waste of time? Thank you.

seniorjudge

MJS6782 said:
ok, forget the bogus quote, I deleted it. I would like to know if I can fight this ticket or is it a waste of time? Thank you.
You will lose. Universities never lose their parking tickets battles.

MJS6782

sorry, but it was a new york city public school and the parking is on public streets. My whole point is that is is clear that the cop gave a ticket for parking in faculty area and it is an area for the public. And I really would like to know if there are addition fines for traffic court. Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">