• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fail to Display Current Liscense Tabs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dfisher05

In MN I received a Fail to Display Current License Tabs ticket. My tabs were due in December and I purchased the new tabs at the end of December but due to the cold, cold weather we have had I did not place the stickers on as there can sometimes be issues with the stickers in the cold and I do not have a garage. I live in a rural area but I was in MPLS for the night and the morning of January 11th, 9 hours after the 10 day grace period I was given a ticket. It was an honest mistake, I have no previous violations. I understand that I was breaking this law but it was not intentional, is it worth going to court to ask for the fine to be forgiven? I see it as driving 36mph in a 30mph zone and getting by with a warning instead of a ticket... Thoughts? Advice? The fine is $108 which is a lot of money from my budget!

quincy

In MN I received a Fail to Display Current License Tabs ticket. My tabs were due in December and I purchased the new tabs at the end of December but due to the cold, cold weather we have had I did not place the stickers on as there can sometimes be issues with the stickers in the cold and I do not have a garage. I live in a rural area but I was in MPLS for the night and the morning of January 11th, 9 hours after the 10 day grace period I was given a ticket. It was an honest mistake, I have no previous violations. I understand that I was breaking this law but it was not intentional, is it worth going to court to ask for the fine to be forgiven? I see it as driving 36mph in a 30mph zone and getting by with a warning instead of a ticket... Thoughts? Advice? The fine is $108 which is a lot of money from my budget!
Did you have the tabs with you when you were pulled over?

It could be worth your time to ask that the fine be forgiven, based on the weather conditions in December. Or you could ask for a payment plan, if $108 is too much to pay at one time. The court could surprise you.

dfisher05

There was just a ticket places on my windshield when I went to leave, I wasn't pulled over. Yes, my tabs were purchased on time. The stickers just weren't displayed on time. Thank you for your input!

Bali Hai

There was just a ticket places on my windshield when I went to leave, I wasn't pulled over. Yes, my tabs were purchased on time. The stickers just weren't displayed on time. Thank you for your input!
Was the ticket placed there by a meter maid? Here in NY they give those idiots too much power. A regular cop probably wouldn't have given it a second look. It's just a way to make more money.

Did the weather warm up so you could attach the stickers? If not, get a hair dryer/blower and extension cord, heat up the plate, clean it and put the sticker on. Use a GFI circuit breaker and don't drop the hair dryer in water.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Was the ticket placed there by a meter maid? Here in NY they give those idiots too much power. A regular cop probably wouldn't have given it a second look. It's just a way to make more money.
Or, it could be a way to enforce the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">